Saturday, August 8, 2009

Chicken sun dried tomato alfredo pasta

So, it seems I have some blogging to do...It's been couple of weeks since I've posted anything and I'm a little...OK, very envious of all of your creations!
I am in mourning... On July 21st, 2009 tragedy striked in my kitchen... MY OVEN DIED :( I was going to roast some potatoes for dinner and it refused to heat up... Now, how often does that happen? This is the first oven EVER that had gone dead on me... I though Bosh appliances supposed to be good! I had a technician come to fix it and was told that my main rely board is fried and is going to cost $530 to get it working again!!! So, here I am two weeks later, with both ovens out of commission, miserable waiting for the new relay board to show up... there is no telling how long it will take Bosh to send the part so I can get some baking therapy. I've never thought that not having an oven will have that much of an impact on my day to day life, but it has been very challenging. I guess I did not realize how much I've used the oven till I no longer had it available.

Needless to say, I've been trying to keep myself out of trouble by cooking...My in-laws are visiting and my mother in law is a HUGE pasta fan... The pasta # 1 is adapted from Guy Fieri's recipe:


Chicken sun dried tomato alfredo pasta




* 4 chicken breasts cut into cubes
* 2 tabelspoons of Cajun spice
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 3 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1 cup marinated sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
* 1/4 cup white wine
* 3 cups heavy cream
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound cooked fettuccine
* 1/2 cup sliced asparagus
* 1/4 cup of green onions

Generously sprinkle chicken with Cajun spice and brown it in the skillet. Remove the chicken and put it aside.

In a saute pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil. Add garlic and lightly caramelize. Then add the sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus and chicken. Deglaze the pan with the white wine. Add the heavy cream, increase the heat to a simmer, and reduce the cream sauce by half.

When the cream sauce is to desired consistency, stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan, salt, pepper, and pasta.

Nest the pasta on large rimmed plates, pour sauce over pasta, and garnish with scallions and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous decedent pasta recipe! I'm in love with sun dried tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry that you are without an oven! What a catastrophe that would be for me. HOWEVER, this pasta dish looks delish! At first, I didn't like Guy when he competed to with the FN Next Star competition. Little by little, he's growing on me. This recipe is a winner-- especially because I adore sun-dried tomatoes! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dinner looks and sounds wonderful. I have yet to try guy fieris recipes, but this may be the first. You have a lovely blog with great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Pasta !!!!!! I made a few slight changes. I did not have asparagus so I used fresh baby spinach instead. I also used Italian cheese in place of the parmesan. Adding a few shrimp....Yummmmmmmmmyyyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete