Beef with tofu and spicy mobo sauce
Steamed bok choy & steamed rice.
* Marinade for Ground Beef:
* 1 1/2 Tbsp tapioca starch (can substitute cornstarch)
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1/4 pound ground beef
* 1 pound regular tofu (medium firmness)
* 1 leek or 3 green onions
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1 tsp Chinese salted black beans (fermented black beans, also called Chinese black beans), or to taste
* 1 Tbsp chili bean paste, or to taste
* 3 Tbsp stock (chicken broth)
* 1 Tbsp cornstarch
* 2 Tbsp water
* 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
* Freshly ground Szechuan pepper
* 2 - 3 tablespoons oil for stir-frying, as needed
Mix marinade ingredients. Marinate beef for about 20 minutes.
Cut the tofu into 1/2 inch (1 cm) square cubes.
Chop leek or green onions into short lengths.
Heat wok and add oil. When oil is ready, add the marinated pork. Stir-fry beef until the color darkens. Add salt and stir. Add the salted black beans. Mash the beans with a cooking ladle until they blend in well with the meat. Add the chili paste, then the stock, bean curd, and leek or green onions.
Turn down the heat. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
While cooking, mix cornstarch, water, and soy sauce together. Add to wok and stir gently. Serve with freshly ground Szechuan pepper.
Steamed Bok choy with oyster sauce.
Clean bok choy and steam it, I used bottle oyster sauce to drizzle over the bok choy ( a little goes a long way as it is very salty)
Serve with steamed white or brown rice.