Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes

I haven't blogged or cooked as much as I wanted lately... Things have been crazy with family and school change... Normally this is a favorite time for me to cook and bake. I love the pumpkin season and you would never know that by looking at my blog. I did not explore pumpkin as much as I would have wanted this fall. I hope I can squeeze few more recipes using pumpkin in the next few weeks to satisfy my cravings.

These are a fabulous weekend breakfast! You can also get away with serving them for dessert if you want to. Theses taste great just with a dusting of powdered sugar or with your favorite syrup. I love black currant syrup, but my husband and daughter love the maple. Whatever your choice, they are supper delicious! I hope you'll enjoy them.



Pumpkin Pancakes

2 cups all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vinegar

In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar.

Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.

Brown on both sides and serve hot.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious with all the spices in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no sweet tooth whatsoever, but I'm definitely going to try these. I know they'll be a hit with Serena, and you might just change my tastebuds afterall~ Love your cookings! You inspire me to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pumpkin pancakes are calling my name Sylwia! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin pancakes are delicious, and I seem to enjoy them especially this time of year. Black currant syrup sounds exquisite!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they sound decadent with a dusting of confectioners' sugar. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi fellow Las Vegan. I've never thought of pumpkins on pancakes but it sure does sound yummilicious! Oohh, pancakelicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't go wrong with pumpkin! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a little surprise for you on my blog :)
    http://anulaskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/11/what-great-first-entry.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. We just make regular pancake batter, with Bisquick or pancake mix & add 2Tbsp of pumpkin pie seasonings. YUM!

    If you haven't entered our giveaway, go to my Nov. 10th post. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete